Monday, May 03, 2021

Covid 19 complications and impacts

 Again is been some time since I have blogged about my daily life.

And since I have something brooding me that I need to get it out of me and just gotten my new laptop. so why not?

Covid has been here with us for over a year plus and hit us very hard.


Warning: long contents ahead as you click to read more

Jobs


It lead to businesses unable to survive due to the economic fall. Job seekers having a hard time to seek for jobs and also the add on of retrenchment. Government has been asking people to keep on upgrade to make ourselves more employable.

But however they did not realize employers not just look into what skills that you just upgrade. They are more looking for more younger and fresh blood. I face some discrimination while on the job seeking journey. Eg when I tell them my age, got a guy just give me a cold laugh. I was like why, anything wrong with my age? I am not those grandfather and grandmother that cannot move and work.

Swab Test

In my current company, I am the person in charge for monitoring swab test appt and to check the reason why some swab appt was miss if there is any. Issues which I face was staff did not receive their sms notification la, staff not yet appear or transfer from mom record so on...

I remember there was once my colleague ask me to write in to srs(Swab Registration System)as some of our employees miss their appt. Some one from their team call and ask me to wrote in to our sector lead(my company is a construction firm). I was like what?! I ask the person who advise to do so that he or she don't find it funny? They are the ones who alert us who miss the swab test and yet we have write to someone else whereby this thing can be resolved and close case at their end. The person still can reply me this is the protocol. I sighed.

Another problem is some of my colleagues appt falls on public holiday and request to change. Of course this one I have check with my deputy director colleague on these before change for them. As I feel such request we cannot give in and the swab centre is open on ph. This problem happen again just this morning at work. two of the same site personnel  had this request. One was so rude and ask me to have common sense. I of cuz flare up and tell him off. Their appt is not schedule by me, auto generated by the system. Such people should get their facts off before behaving like a big baby to get what they want.

Furthermore due to the case in the westlife dormitory cases, those recovered workers are back to RRT (Routine Rostered Testing) and hence my workload has increased, Per day only 20 bookings are allow each day no matter what locations in a day you dispatched. Those who requested for a change still don't understand why and keep on say any issue & is a ph that dae. Please la Ph don't mean you no need to attend swab test. 

Another thing I discovered that government bodies dun seems to communicate with each other. This morning my driver feedback to me that saying that two workers their FWMOMcare app shows that they not required to do any swab test. But however their appt is auto generated and schedule by the system They belong under the recovered worker list. I called in to SRS and they advise me to call in to MOM. Again... Call in to MOM ask to write in to their feedback corner. Lucky they still reply quite promptly so that I can update to my driver in time. The answer I got from them was they are rectifying their system (refers to the FWMOMCARE) and these workers still need to attend to swab test appt. Instead as a employer we have to write to different government bodies to clarify things. This is so not straightforward and time is wasted.

So if you were to ask me if government has done a good joh in handling this covid crisis. I give a big no no. Cluster and cluster being form recently and now they close brooders to those from nepal or sri lanka. As a citizen, I feel speechless. Why must wait until things happen such a bad state than do something to stop it? 


No comments: